- Book covers and interiors
- Children’s picture books
- Gift books and products
- Product and media packaging
- Curriculum packaging and components
- Editorial and publication design
- Marketing design and retail P.O.P.
- Logo design
Art Direction & Project Management
- Develop concept and design based on your creative strategy
- Research, recommend, and source illustrations and photography
- Research and acquisition of stock images and image licenses
- Art direction of illustrators, photographers, and designers
- Initiate contract negotiations with illustrators, photographers, agents
- Develop and manage art schedule to meet key delivery dates
- Project management from start to finish
- Delivery of final, printer-ready files
My Approach & Commitments
- To design books that pop off the shelf or online—to create designs that get noticed and sell.
- To be a go-to design resource for publishers, providing exceptional service—on time and on budget.
- To be a positive liaison for the publisher and the illustrator, photographer, or other art resource.
- To manage assignments with the utmost integrity, organization, and communication.
- To be immersed in the book publishing industry, staying on top of design trends.
- To provide clean, problem-free files and artwork using the latest software technology.
- To make your project my priority.
Excellence in Design & Process
I put the pieces together for you into a conceptually cohesive whole for a beautifully designed result. Working as the designer and the liaison for the publisher, illustrator, photographer, and others associated with the project, I initiate and manage the creative process, the creative providers, and the art schedule. Whether your assignment is multifaceted with a longer lead time, or straightforward with a quick turn around, it is my priority and will be accomplished and managed with excellence in both design and process.
Over the years I’ve been fortunate to have worked with many talented pros in book publishing and have developed an extensive network of illustrators, photographers, agents, and other art resources. If your project requires these services, it is expertly matched with the right creative source, whether custom or stock images. I research based on your project’s creative strategy and budget—then recommend options for your approval—then negotiate, license, schedule, design, art direct, and manage all aspects of the project through delivery of final files. I would gladly provide further details on my creative development process with you at any time.